Macaroni & Cheese
- 200g dried pasta
- 550ml semi-skimmed milk*
- 115g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small saucepan, add pasta and milk. Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until pasta is soft, stirring frequently and ensuring milk does not boil.
- Turn heat off, add cheese & salt & and stir to combine. Stir in the mustard & cayenne a little at a time.
- Cover and let stand for a couple of minutes, then stir again and serve.
- If not creamy enough, add more milk a little at a time, and gently stir.
- Place in a baking dish and top with a sprinkling of cheese. Bake at 190 degrees (Gas Mark 5) for approximately 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
*If you want your macaroni cheese to be even creamier, add some natural yoghurt or fresh cream!